Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Bloggy Bits

It's been a while since I did this, but I think a little news update with commentary is long overdue.

• Scott Peterson found guilty.
Good. I was glad to see him convicted of first degree murder for killing his wife, and second degree murder for the death of his unborn son. The anti-choice people wanted the death of the fetus to be a first degree murder conviction to further bolster their claim that a fetus was a person, thereby making abortion tantamount to murder.
I hope he gets life without parole, in a cell without a mirror. Death would be too easy for a prick like him.
• Liza Minnelli's former bodyguard/chauffeur charges her with assault and sexual abuse.
All I can say is, I can't stand it when people can't handle their liquor or drugs. Liza's mother Judy Garland was nuts, and I can see the pecans didn't fall far from the tree in that family. It's just creepy is what it is.
• Condoleezza Rice as Secretary of State? The Peter Principle lives, except I thought she rose to her own level of incompetence, asleep at the wheel as National Security Advisor.
• Bill O'Reilly. I thought Mister No Spin said he planned to fight to the death allegations that he sexually harassed his producer. Suddenly the lawsuit just went away. I hope she made at least a couple of million off the old pervert. And whatever she made won't be from the proceeds of his children's book- the public isn't buying the crap he's selling- at least not for their kids.
• Land's End. How many catalogues do they need to send me this year? Seems like I get at least three a week. I need a separate recycling bin just for their stuff. Enough, already. Same goes for credit card companies sending me notices that I am already approved for their cards. I think they all hired Rainman to send me this crap. It's incessant!

What's on your mind? Let's talk about it.

No comments: