Monday, September 18, 2006

The Saddest Day in Texas

I just returned from Austin, where for the last two days I was there attending various farewell ceremonies for the late, great Governor Ann Richards.
I have much to report but a sad and empty heart for now, so please check this site for a photo preview of today's funeral and memorial services.
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/photos/09/091806_richards/index.html
It was as beautiful a send-off as anyone ever earned.
More later, I promise.

3 comments:

walternatives said...

It was a beautiful send off. I'm honored that I was in attendance, too.

Lulu Maude said...

Thanks for posting the photos. I needed to see them. Molly Ivins' tribute was wonderful, too.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the writeup and the link to the photos KZ.