Monday, November 19, 2001

Harry Potter and Women

I am glad the HP movie sold a record number of seats to it's weekend premier. It was a wonderful movie everyone should see.
We attended the late late 10:40 showing and the theater had only 10 filled seats. Naturally the three hulking teen boys in the audience sat behind us and yacked through the movie.
Finally the last vestige of connection to my former girlfriend has been exorcised. She turned me on to the Potter books (sent them to me, actually) and it had been a yearlong dream of ours to see the movie together.
That dreamed came crashing down last night, just like all the others.
She likely saw the movie with her reconciled ex girlfriend, a dimwitted cow named Ramona whose only apparent redeeming quality is being a substantially wide shield against the wind.
But I have seen the movie now without her, and there's nothing left to hold us together. No more dreams for her to ruin, no more lies, no more histrionics, no more Andrea, period.
Meanwhile, what exists in her wake are a small bevy of women, most of whom have an enduring connection to someone they cannot have. Tedious.
I met a woman a few weeks ago who is very bright, kind, decent, attractive, with many other attributes. Alas, her life is mired in lots of unfinished business online. She has strong feelings for a woman she's never met, and for another she's never met or even spoken to.
Hard to compete with all these www.women. So I've decided not to.
Women are a lot of work. So much, in fact, we should take some leave from them on occasion. I believe this week I'll do just that.
Oh my God.
I've finally succumbed to the Great Lesbian Cliche: I need some space.

1 comment:

unsgu said...

Nice information,, terrimaksih infonya..sukses much for kawasaki ninja sharing the info and the website is always to be the best and do the best to the next information .. toyota | honda cbr