Thursday, March 01, 2007

On Forced Hiatus

Two Decembers ago when my iMac committed suicide, I was low on cash and needed an immediate replacement.
Enter a $600 Compaq, which was adequate for maybe two good years before it started acting up. Now it's a stuttering, jabbering, non turn-offable piece of electronic shit- soon to be stripped of its files and relegated to my front lawn for the scavengers to grab.
Meanwhile, I contemplated buying another Mac, but it wouldn't be totally compatible with the Dell I have at work, so dude, I'm getting a Dell.
Should arrive next week, so if my e-mail and blogging are spotty, you'll know why.

7 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

You could give it to your neighbors to Make Nice, along with the contents of your latest catbox.

Karen Zipdrive said...

I'm not ready to make nice.
But they are welcome to the catshit.

Lulu Maude said...

Welcome! That's the sweetness of spirit I want to see!

bugm3n07 said...

Dell over Mac? I'm so sorry.

Lulu Maude said...

I have both. Now we can see who bombs out first.

On your marks, get set...

Karen Zipdrive said...

I sorta like this Dell- big screen and nice and quiet.
Installing AOL was another adventure with some guy from Punjab who didn't even pretend to not have an accent so thick I made him spell the words he was trying to say.
AOL my ass. IOL is more like it.

Karen Zipdrive said...

P.S. I'll always love Macs but it's a PC world and I hate it.