Friday, February 06, 2009

One More Reason to Love These People



Watching this brief clip literally made me cry.
Not only is President Obama raising the level of civility and grace of the presidency, he and Mrs. O are setting the tone for all married couples who want to keep their relationships thriving.
Date nights?
Cocktail parties at the White House?
Can these people get any more hip?
I remember as a child how good it felt when my parents were getting along and showing affection toward one another. It made me feel secure.
The Obamas understand that recreation is part of the word recreate. And when we re-create, we spend energy in a positive, creative way.
So, let's hear it for date night.
Let Grandma babysit the kids, Michelle gets to put on a hot new dress and Mister Slim Barack- well, he's just cool in general.
Y'all go on withcha bad selves. ;)

7 comments:

Dawn Fortune said...

My god. A functional, loving, respectful, intimate, healthy couple in the White House. This is a first in my lifetime. I am 43. I don't know whether to be thrilled to see it or saddened that it has taken this long to happen.

lisahgolden said...

The Obamas for all the talk about "exotic" during the elections are more like the people I know and hang out with than anyone who's been in the white house. Dawn's right - too bad it's taking so long for that to be the case.

Distributorcap said...

i am sure rush and sean are already seeking ways to destroy michelle - they cannot stand happy people, everyone has to be miserable like they are

Karen Zipdrive said...

I doubt Rush and Sean really like women all that much.

Glennis said...

I love it!!

however, I await the scolding rightwing columns at Town Hall or the Corner tut-tutting about this....should be kicking in soon....

Lulu Maude said...

Sean looks as if he took too many hits on the football field. Rush looks like the guy who got his pants pulled down in the locker room.

Unknown said...

Damn that was great...thanks for posting it KZ.;)

Yep, another reason to heart both of them.