Monday, April 08, 2002

...and go on and on and on in the circle game

I find myself lately consoling my ex from last year, the one who dumped me for her horrible slob of a wanker ex-girlfriend. Seems the wanker has added cheating to her arsenal of obnoxious behaviors, and my ex is slightly to the left of inconsolable.
Yep, I have to admit, I am slightly pleased the wanker turned out to be even worse than I could have dreamed, still it feels kind of good and even a little noble to be able to offer some sincere sympathy to my ex.
Man, what a difference a year makes.
This time last year I was recovering from major surgery and loving the hell out of the ex. Now I am healthy as a horse and the love has turned to friendship, with nary a chance for it to reignite back into love.
Getting dumped has the most dastardly effect on love. At first it seems like the world has ended, then the tears dry and things start to regain their rosy glow.
After being rejected by not one but two provincial Canadian maidens in less than a year, I have learned a few good lessons.
1. Canadians are polite but they dump people.
2. I could have paid for a low-end Lexus with the money I have paid in long distance bills to that Godforsaken, frozen land to the North.
3. About now, the sound of a West Texas drawl would sound mighty good to these ears, sore from all those oats and aboats and those fucking extra u's in every other word.
I am not saying my next woman will be in the same zip code, but the first three digits sure as hell better match and I better only have to dial 7 numbers to call her ass up. So there!

No comments: