Tuesday, April 23, 2002

Fiesta San Antonio!

The week is Fiesta in San Antonio.
It's like Mardi Gras, only less Cajun and more Mexican. There are parades night and day, a night parade on the river, festivals, concerts, air shows, dances, coronations, etc. Basically there's 10 days of stuff going on. Downtown is a mess of tourists, locals and millions and zillions of kids.
I have Achilles tendonitis.
Walking a hundred blocks, then standing around drinking beer or margaritas is probably the worst thing I can do for it.
So I am going to skip all but the most essential parts of Fiesta.
My cousin Cindy is in town from NYC and she wants to do at least a little Fiesta-ing with me. Tonight is "A Night in Old San Antonio." It's contained in an ancient shopping area downtown and consists of lots of live music, food and people standing around drinking beer and margaritas. Oy, my ankles are throbbing at the thought of it.
Maybe I can put her off a few days...

No comments: