Wednesday, April 17, 2002

More TV Ads That Bother Me

I can't take any medication ad that mentions side effects. There was one, warning about gas, explosive diarrhea and anal leakage that made me queasy.
In fact, I don't eat WOW brand potato chips because they contain Olestra, which warns of anal leakage. I don't ever want to have that problem.
I don't like douche commercials. They always come on when I am around my brother or nephews and it's embarrassing. Besides, who wants their vagina to smell like a floral meadow? Those douche makers need to come up with better scents and flavors, like cinnamon buns, or maybe chocolate.
I don't like Red Lobster commercials. They overstyle the food and make it look much better than it is. Ditto to the Olive Garden. The ad where they show the guy taking his relative from Italy to that restaurant is absurd. Baloney Alfredo is just not going to impress Uncle Luigi from Tuscany.
Welch's Grape Juice ads featuring pretty little girls. These kids are way too articulate and precocious, and I am still too wigged out about the Catholic church and rampant pedophilia to want to see "sexy little girls" on TV. It's just plain creepy.
Spice Girls McDonald's ads. Or is it Burger King? No matter. What I really really want is for them to disappear.
Any AT&T ad with Carrot Top or Mr. T in them. Both make my flesh crawl.
Like Shari said over at Decaf Venti No Whip Mocha, those "Can You Hear Me Now?" Verizon ads make me want to shoot out the TV screen.
TV ads are only good for one thing. They allow for bathroom and snack breaks.

No comments: