Saturday, April 13, 2002

Saturday

My lawn is overgrown and looks like green sheep waiting to be shorn, so of course I am leaving town today to go see my mom in Austin. She's 89, and at that stage where she's either very with it or very out of it. You just never know.
I called her last night and she was feeling a little ornery. It seems my sister who cares for her had the nerve to be at work all day and evidentally had some plans afterwards.
Mom is spoiled and she pouts when her expectations are not met. Hmm, must be where I get it from.
I redirected her attention to the Spurs game, which was on as we talked. For some reason, the old gal likes NBA basketball and sort of understands that the team with the higher score wins.
Mom is hot for Michael Jordan. It's really quite amusing to see her little eyes glaze over when MJ is on TV. He and Montel Williams fascinate her for some reason.
Anyway, I'll leave the house to my kitties today.
James is at that big toddler stage, like a 4 year old. He's huge and still kind of kitten dumb, but he does understand the words NO and JAMES.
He's grown up to be totally strange. He has about 40 facial expressions and he backtalks a lot. He loves to tear up paper and throw his toys all over the house.
Bart, the older kitty, is no trouble. He sleeps and eats and wrestles with James and that's his day.
Now that James is almost Bart's size, their wrestling matches are getting louder and scarier, but friends assure me no blood will be shed.

No comments: