Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Voters Toss Out Spokane Mayor Over Gay Sex Scandal

SPOKANE, Wash.
Republican Mayor James E. West must leave office this month after voters recalled him in a special election sparked by allegations he used a city computer to woo gay men over the Internet.
West, 54, must leave his position when the election results are certified Dec. 16. He has not been charged with a crime, but FBI agents seized computers from his home as part of an investigation.

"I said I'd abide by the will of the voters, obviously, and they've spoken," West told The Associated Press Tuesday. "I'm at peace with their decision and disappointed." The recall election was launched by a local resident, Shannon Sullivan, who said she felt vindicated by the results.

West, a former Boy Scout executive and sheriff's deputy, was elected mayor in 2003 after serving more than two decades as a conservative Republican in the state Legislature, where he voted against gay-friendly bills..."

Ooops, add another Republican to the closet queer list.

Now I know why the GOP got all jacked up about Monica Lewinsky blowing America's last legally elected president.

They didn't care that Bill was getting his dick sucked, they were just mad that a WOMAN was doing it!

3 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

I think he actually had eyes for the Younger Set, if this is the case I remember...

Karen Zipdrive said...

I believe the technical term for dirty old trolls like West is "chickenhawk."

Kate said...

Hahahahaha! That gave me a tickle, that last line. Good Saturday morning fun.