Thursday, April 15, 2004

Survivor Tonight!

Rather than rehashing the update I published over the weekend, last season's Survivor Millionaire, Sandra Diaz-Twine, wrote a snappy piece about last week's show in the Seattle Post Intelligencer that I want to share with you.
Tell me who you pick to be ousted tonight. I'm going with Jenna.


'Survivor' Insider: Kathy's out on a limb after sticking it to Lex
By SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE
Last Thursday's episode was by far the best all-star episode ever. I just knew Rob was going to stick it to Lex the first chance he had. Lex, what were you thinking? That Rob was really gonna look out for you because you saved his sweet Amber? That it was all about friendship? What friendship? Like the friendship you had with Colby, Ethan and Jerri?
How true that what goes around comes around. I wonder if Colby, Ethan and Jerri loved what happened to Lex. I don't blame Rob one bit for his actions because he only had two options: to stick with his original tribal alliance or turn on them. He made the right choice and ultimately got rid of his biggest competition.
How often do you get a second chance to play "Survivor," fix all your errors and possibly win? Rob, to me, did a superb job in order to keep control of the situation and the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes far.
I loved the immunity challenge and the reward challenge. The two had to be among the most difficult challenges thus far, especially since the survivors are getting weaker. Both challenges were equally difficult. And the hard challenges are usually at the beginning of the game, when all the survivors are still strong mentally and physically.
Did you guys check out Jenna? She sure played her cards right at the reward challenge, rooting Rupert on and then hugging him when he won. It paid off, and he took her and Amber with him to the reward. I'm glad Rupert learned his lesson and kept the reward, rather than give it to someone else. Rupert, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I wish I were there with you. You deserved it and congratulations to you for a job well done.
I thought for a minute there that Lex was going to win the immunity challenge and I was rooting for him, too, screaming at the TV and all. I was hoping he would get his second wind and somehow win, but Rob came from behind to take the victory. Kathy did a great job as well; she really gave it all she had. I know she was very tired and still managed to get the job done.
On to tribal council. Poor Lex. He was under the impression that no matter what he wouldn't be going home because Kathy was going to give up the immunity necklace. But when the opportunity arose, Kathy decided to keep it.
Did you see how wide Lex's mouth was? He obviously was in shock because he figured he wasn't going home -- until Kathy said, "I thought about it, but I'm gonna keep it." Classic. You could drive a car into Lex's mouth. Priceless.
So, who do I think is in serious trouble this Thursday? Kathy, simply because she put herself in the middle of the Amber drama between Lex and Rob. Now she has to save her skin and make a move. Hopefully, Kathy can figure out how to turn the others against the unstoppable Rob and Amber alliance.

No comments: