Monday, August 15, 2005

Who's Got B.D.S.?

My online friend and political nemesis Clyde (nee BarCodeKing) and I have been debating, arguing, discussing and cussing the Bush administration for almost five years. We've done it via dueling Blogs, comments on each others' Blogs and by e-mail.
He is pro Bush all the way.
I am anti Bush all the way.
He tells me I have Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS) because he thinks I am so wrong, so paranoid and so enraged regarding everything I read, hear, say, think or feel about Bush.
Without mentioning some of his more ridiculous past statements regarding Bush's credibility that have since been proven totally wrong, my contention is that I was among the first Bloggers openly complaining about and exposing Bush's assorted blunders, misdeeds and blatantly dishonest maneuvers--and so far I've been a pioneer in rating Bush as one of America's crappiest presidents in history.
But my fellow Americans are catching up to my opinions of Bush, as shown below.

The following poll questions (as of today) were responded to by just under 30,000 Internets users:

How would you rate Bush's handling of the war in Iraq?
Poor 62%
Good 16%
Excellent 13%
Fair 9%
Total Votes: 29,164

How would you rate Bush's handling of domestic affairs?
Poor 59%
Good 15%
Excellent 14%
Fair 12%
Total Votes: 29,539

How would you rate Bush's overall job performance?
Poor 60%
Good 15%
Excellent 14%
Fair 11%
Total Votes: 29,477

In which direction do you predict Bush's approval rating will move?
Down 62%
Up 24%
It'll stay about where it is now 14%
Total Votes: 29,956

Who has Bush Derangement Syndrome now, big boy?
Here's a hint:
When your opinions match those of fewer than 15% of people who took this poll and mine match an average of 60% of people who took this poll, isn't it time you quit drinking the Bush Kool-Aid and wise the hell up?
There is a cure for terminal GOP gullibility and we are here to help you, Clyde.
Take my hand.
Come into the light.

P.S. Since Clyde's Blog "Recycled Sip" does not allow for comments (for obvious reasons), please allow me to open my comments box to those wishing to make constructive comments directed toward him.
I don't wish to have him stoned to death, I just hate to see him continue to wander aimlessly in the dark, thinking the majority of Americans are deranged and Bush is actually doing a fine job as President.
He needs our help and guidance. Let's give him some.

12 comments:

Sanford said...

For a mere moment, I thought that BDS was in fact IBS. How was I supposed to know that they are, indeed, the same thing?

The Educated Eclectic said...

The rest of America is waking up, Clyde...do you want to remain with the Amurkans?

Karen Zipdrive said...

I imagine with poll numbers like his, Bush's bowels may indeed be somewhat irritable lately.
Now even rats like Bill Frist are starting to jump off the USS Lame Duck.
As Mr. Burns would say, rubbing his hands together, "Excellent!"

Karen Zipdrive said...

Note:
As of 9 p.m. the same night, an average of 250,000 people have taken the poll and the results are virtually identical to the numbers I posted three hours earlier.

JimBob said...

Hi Matt!

Bye Matt!

Clyde, c'mon and try a little rational thinking. It's not that hard. We know you can do it.

Here's a little exercise in reality to get you started.

Repeat after me: The Republican party does NOT have my best interests at heart unless my income is in the high 6 figures.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Thanks to my brilliant team of Internet Detectives, if I were someone named
Jeff A. from Indiana, I'd ride one of my patients into the sunset before all hell breaks loose.

nobody's fool said...

Yup... hey Matt, my cat keeps licking one of her paws -- what do you think would cause that?

nobody's fool said...

Clyde seems to share one of Bush's worst character flaws -- the inability to admit having made a mistake. Well, at least so far. Clyde's a pretty good egg, and he may well admit he was wrong about Bush eventually.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Clyde's biggest assets are a tough hide and not holding any grudges, no matter how rude I am to him.
He's also a good writer, albeit in need of some editing for conciseness.
But like Bush, he's afraid of debating openly because his positions are untenable.
That's why he won't appear here to respond and why he doesn't allow comments on his Blog.
He's got no plausible excuses for his rightwing extremist views.
Game, set, match.
The timer is ticking on Bush's theocracy.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Update:

Cliff Claven Clyde has informed me via e-mail that my anger and rage toward Bush & Co. are starting to ruin my life and that I need therapy for my BDS.

:D

JimBob said...

Just call Tom Cruise. He'll let you know what he thinks about therapy!

Karen Zipdrive said...

I see someone has finally muzzled Tom Cruise and put him under wraps until his middle age crisis simmers down.
When cute little men like him pass 40- poof- they automatically turn into horny little Mickey Rooneys.
Cruise jumped the shark when he jumped up and down on Oprah's buttery leather furniture.
I knew then he'd become Rooneyized.