Saturday, February 09, 2002

Canada vs America

Americans, never call a Canadian girlfriend during the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, especially if she has a backache and is high on pain killers.
Zed asked me if Mike Tyson was gonna light the damn Olympic flame.
She wasn't interested in watching NBC, the official Olympics network, she was watching it on CNB or CBC, or some damn Canuck network.
No Katie Couric, no Bob Costas, no Dick Button, she likes commentators named Guy (pronounced Ghee) LeMieux or Jean Luc Poutine giving her the olympics poop.
I don't think she even cried when the American team came out.
I bet she didn't even shoot the finger at the TV when the Iranian team marched by.
I see I am gonna have to work on her xenophobia and Canadacentricity.
Meanwhile, watch Jay Leno to see the intern he has covering the games.
"She" is named Ross and is the butchest woman I have ever seen, but she has a very cute, girlish, giggly personality so she's very odd to watch. Her haircut is beyond butch. You gotta see her.


No comments: