Monday, February 25, 2002

More on Ross the Intern

I heard from a friend of his via e-mail and I was told Ross the Intern would be checking out Pulp Friction soon. I imagine he's still busy wrapping up his Olympics gig. I am very eager to "meet" him.
A new reblogger friend opined that my calling Ross a bulldyke was somehow not edifying. I certainly wasn't slamming Ross, some of my best friends are bulldykes and perfectly delightful creatures.
Many women I know look like guys, and I think it's refreshing to have a guy look like a butch woman for a change. It just adds to the diverse nature of our queerness.
I really have to applaud Jay Leno for recognizing Ross the Intern's broad appeal and sending him out there to create his own features. Imagine always working behind the scenes and suddenly being catapulted to center stage on Neilsen's top rated special series for two weeks.
Ross handled it with the finesse of a seasoned professional. Plus he was so damn strange and funny, even for us jaded queers he was a breath of fresh air.
Did anyone see when he tasted a Japanese delicacy, grimaced and said it tasted like ass? Priceless!
Between Canadian pairs skaters Sales and Pelletier getting the gold after all and Ross the Intern making his debut, I'd say this year's Olympics were fantastic.
But Ross still looks like a bulldyke!

No comments: