Tuesday, February 05, 2002

The Client.

Friday, Feb. 1, 3 PM

Client: Hey Karen, I am in a crunch here, can you help me write a video script?
Me: Sure, when do you need it?
Client: We, uhh, need to meet Monday morning, uhh, I'll have all the info then.
Me: Okay, when on Monday morning?
Client: Uhh, I'll call you Monday morning and tell you when. Maybe Monday afternoon is better, will Monday afternoon work for you?
Me: Sure, call me Monday morning and we can nail down a time. This is a rush, right?
Client: Uhh, yeah it's a rush, gotta get it done, like yesterday.
Me: Okay, I'll be all geared up.

Monday 10:30 a.m.
I call him.

Me: Uhh, Steve?
Client: Yes?
Me: What time do you want to meet today?
Client: Uhh, oh yeah, well, this afternoon is good but, uhh, like tomorrow morning will be better.
Me: So you will have everything gathered up for me tomorrow morning?
Client: Oh yeah, yeah that'll be good.
Me: This is still a rush job, right?
Client: Oh, yeah.

Tuesday morning 10:30
I call him

Me: Hey Steve, are we ready to meet?
Client: Uhh, not yet, like, maybe this afternoon.
Me: Uhh okay, but I have to tell you, I have cleared the decks for this job and I have other things pending I absolutely have to get to later this week.
Client: Oh darn, you do?
Me: Well, yes, I pushed some things back because you mentioned this was a rush.
Client: Oh yeah, uhh it is a rush, all right.
Me: Why don't you just e-mail me what you have?
Client: Oh, can I do that?
Me: Uhh, yes.
Client: Okay, I will. I want to emphasize the "excellence theme."
Me: (rolling eyes) Sounds good. Will do.
Client: Oh, and if you can, put emphasis on the "excellence theme."
Me: Okay. Excellent. (rolling eyes)

No comments: