Monday, February 18, 2002

Making Lemonade

I lead a charmed life.
Yesterday I went out to discover my car was comatose, and instead of worrying I went out shopping, then to dinner.
This morning I called my mechanic Paul, and not only did he come pick it up for free, he didn't even annoy me by ringing the doorbell and making me fill out a repair order.
To celebrate not being able to leave the house (I could walk but I don't want to ruin my lazy American reputation) I have tuned into ABC's "All My Children" for the first time in a year or more. It's really gone downhill. Brooke is now apparently engaged to Edmund. How gross is she with that wobbly mucklemouth? One more facelift and she'll be wearing a goatee.
Zed has a holiday from work today.
Something Canadian, like Honourable Municipality Day of Courtesy. They all stay home and practice being polite. Something like that, she was kind of vague when she explained it to me.
I see I am out of bread, so I'll have to walk to the store and get some eventually.
I can no longer patronize the corner store because Apu the Pakistani owner and I had some words a few months ago when he wanted a blank check before he'd let me pump gas.
I think I may have used the term 'Punjabi idiot' and told him I'd never give him another cent of my business. Oh, well. He sells stale bread anyway.
As it turns out, I do have some fresh lemons so I do plan to make some lemonade. May as well make the best of being homebound.

No comments: