Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Wednesday's Child Is Full of Woe

Yep, it's the annual newspaper judging contest.
Today I will slog through about 500 newspaper articles and select the best from each category.
Editorials are my favorite. Pro-Bush pieces receive my automatic liberal media bias deduction of 20 points. Anti-Bush pieces get 20 points added, plus I don't take off for spelling, infinitive splitting or participle dangling.
I am heading to the site with what seems to be a slight muscle strain in my right wrist. I was lifting a trapeze-like bar attached to weights at Willie's House of Pain on Monday and I felt a little sproing.
It's not carpal tunnel syndrome--that's too much of a cliche for a writer. Okay, same symptoms, but I prefer to think of it as a workout injury. It just sounds better.
I hate leaving my home office today. I am expecting a shipment of shoes I bought online, and for me that's like a crack whore waiting for her dealer to stop by with some rock.
Woe is me.

No comments: