Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Solving the Immigration Problem

Instead of the Republicans coming up with nitwit plans like "virtual fences" and "guest workers," allow me to present my plan for getting Americans back to work and making it harder for illegal aliens to work in America.
Customs officials should routinely perform spot checks on businesses who have a history of hiring aliens.
When an illegal alien is found employed by such a company, the corporation or owner is instantly fined $20,000 per alien, and forced to shut down until the fine is paid in full.
I call it my, "Go after the johns, not the hookers" plan.
For each company a Customs Agent finds in violation, he or she is given a $500 bonus for each $20,000 fine he or she levies.
That leaves ICE a $19,500 bonus per alien to put back into their coffers.

There.
Now that was easy.

8 comments:

The Educated Eclectic said...

But that would mean making a ... gulp... business accountable for its actions.

Pretty soon that would lead to credit card companies being called to task for their deceptive practices leading to a lot of consumer debt and...

Oh yeah. Bush stole '00 and so that will never happen.

Unknown said...

Common sense took a hiatus in the Capitol when the Shrub and his minions walked thru the doors..

Karen Zipdrive said...

Since 2000, Bush has never made a decision that didn't involve his own or his base's benefits.
His "leadership" defies every principal of effectivity.
Dishonesty, greed and dimwittedness are a potent, toxic combination.

Karen Zipdrive said...

principle- not principal
ooops

Lulu Maude said...

Zipdrive for Prez! Once Kinky takes over Texas, you can head for the Big Swamp.

Karen Zipdrive said...

I'd never pass the background check, unless I pulled a George Bush and said, "I've made mistakes in my youth that I learned from. I won't comment on my youthful mistakes that occurred before I was 52."

Lulu Maude said...

Yeah, I was there for a few. Weren't they FUN?!?!?!

Karen Zipdrive said...

Lulu and I used to trample around together in Southern California. In fact, we met at a party in Long Beach where a bunch of lesbians were actually having an orgy in the back room.
We didn't partake, but we did spot each other across a crowded room and...her girlfriend appeared and whisked her away.
:(