Saturday, December 07, 2002

Cleaning Out Drawers

I spent the day reviewing the last 15 years of my life, pulling receipts and cards and photos and printed e-mail and letters and trinkets out of my office file and art space cabinets until my eyes crossed.
I filled two Hefty big bags with junk I had no room for anymore.

Some of my castoff treasures (besides old letters and paper trash):
• A faux silver clam-shaped candy dish
• A watch with a dial approximately the size of an apricot
• A teddy bear statue
• 400 assorted pieces of shopworn blank letterhead paper
• 78 non-matching envelopes
• 3 giant plastic paperclips
• One sheer silk scarf with an autumn leaves motif (don't ask)
• 4 out of date calendars, unused
• 2,578 dried-out felt tip pens
• 34 bottles of acrylic paint, fossilized
• 1 jar rubber cement
• 6 petrified paint brushes
• 46 ugly generic florist vases
• 2 copies, The Globe tabloid
• 7 scratched, dented, stained or torn religious prayer cards
• 12 tiny plastic babies
• 4 Wallace and Grommit collector cards
• 32 Home Depot paint stirring sticks
• 12 pounds, broken stained glass chunks
• 12 really bad poems
• 3 battered reporter's notebooks
• 2 work aprons
• 57 hotel sewing kits
• 67 buttons
• 17 bottles hotel moisturizer
• 58 partially used match books
• 7 sets of boarding passes and used airline tickets
• 36 credit card receipts
• 3 nail clippers
• 1 broken miniature Caterpillar front end loader
• 1 very ugly freebie mousepad

That's just my office and artspace. The kitchen drawers are next. :0

No comments: