Friday, December 28, 2001

iMac Horrors

I have an iMac, a nice sort of turquoise/aqua model.
She's moody when I try to reconfigure anything on her, so I pretty much leave her as is and trust that she'll give me what I want, when I want it.
After this morning's rounds of e-mail and IM's, I logged off and wandered away.
When I returned a few hours later, the screen was gray.
That was cool, it just meant she was napping.
So I rattled her mouse and nothing happened. Then I reset her and nothing happened. Then I reset three more times and nothing happened.
In a panic (since my computer tech told me just three days ago her iMac was in the Mac hospital with a nasty case of blackscreen) I just flipped off the switch on my surge protector, flipped it back on and presto, she was on again.
I made three signs of the cross in gratitude, and commenced with my online bidness.
I can't remember what I promised God I'd give up in return for her coming on again, so I guess I'll go with orange soda, lima beans and broccoli.
Meanwhile, my year is ending happily.
I dreamed that my ex wanted to come back to me and I said no and meant it this time.
Finally letting her go must be like how it feels when a heroin addict finally stops puking and sweating and trembling from withdrawal.
She was, afterall, a bad addiction for me. But I don't feel the tug anymore.

2 comments:

unsgu said...

actual information, all information which is helpful given once for all maximum engine power capacity | Dimensions and Weights | tips on buying a vehicle | Minimalist House Interior Exterior

unsgu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.