Thursday, December 27, 2001

Thursday after Christmas

Okay, okay, no more haiku for a while. Jeeze.
Well, I changed my blogger password so a certain turd couldn't come in and monkey around with everything. After the Blog security hacking during Christmas, we should all consider changing passwords.
My favorite old Uncle Al died yesterday in Los Angeles.
His ticker gave out after a retirement filled with world travel, big cruises and quick trips to Vegas. He was a great guy and I'll miss him, except for his loyalty to the L.A. Lakers. Last time I talked to him, he was on his cell phone in a car, calling me to rub it in that his Lakers had just beaten my Spurs. It may sound irreverent, but to us it was a tender, meaningful moment. Godspeed, Uncle Al.
Meanwhile, my friend I've been fretting about broke up with her moocher girlfriend over the holidays. She's gonna be fine, I know, she's got tons of support and she's very sharp.
Still, getting dumped over Christmas is a bitch. Much better to be dumped in the fall, before you Christmas shop for the slimeball.
Last time I lived with someone (a very nice woman who reads this blog) and we broke up, I found great solace in reclaiming closet space and getting the cactus plant away from my coffee maker. She found the same- she got to keep her teapot on the stove again and all her decorative kitchen doodads all over her counterspace.
She got to put the crochet doilies back on her towels in the bathroom and her potpourri all over the house in little jars. And she got to play that goddam Rippington music all she wanted, and I got my loud funk back.
Now she has a nice lover I fixed her up with and they do things together I'd never dream of wanting to do, like going camping every weekend in her travel trailer.
I get to do whatever I want with whomever I want.
So, being single again does have it's upside.

2 comments:

unsgu said...

actual information, all information which is helpful given once for all the latest engine specification | Dimensions and Weights | Minimalist Kitchen Design Simple And Beautiful | maximum engine power capacity

unsgu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.