Sunday, August 10, 2008

Good Shoes, Bad Shoes




Of course you know any new job requires the purchase of at least six new pairs of shoes.
That means hours of combing my favorite shoe stores online, which also means being exposed to a mess of truly ugly footwear, like the whore/pimp models you see above.
I wear nice suits to work but I cannot, will not and do not wear little girly shoes with kitten heels, shiny doodads or heels of any kind.
Hey, I'm 5'8". I got nuthin' to prove by wearing heels.
And I'm proud to say I exemplify the typical lesbo and her comfortable shoes. I cannot concentrate when my feet are trapped in narrow, pointy torture devices.
Behold these black leather and navy nubuck Born Eliza Mary Janes. Aren't they amazing?
From the boardroom to the break room, they say, "I'm a dyke, I have no life except for work. I can outwork you like a motherfucka."

Yeah!

9 comments:

Distributorcap said...

i like the fact i wear a pair of Nikes to work...

Karen Zipdrive said...

D-Cap, I had you figured for an Armani suit kinda guy.

Anonymous said...

I guess my lesbian self manifests itself in my feet. I'm all about sensible shoes. Chuck Taylors, sandles. The rare heel.

Those Born Eliza Mary Janes are awesome. Even The Dancer gives them the thumbs up! And she's been a shoe horse since way back.

You're 5'8"? Lucky!

NancyLou said...

Those wedge-things look like something an old Chinese woman with bound feet would wear.

Anonymous said...

I'm on the other side of the hill Zip. Retiring next year means my days of ladder climbing a.k.a. ass kissing, are over. The dressiest my feet get at work are "urban sneakers" - what are they gonna do, fire me? I had the nerve to wear my blue Jack Purcell's with a lovely blue suit the other day and they just said "oh those are really cute."

Fran said...

I am 100% lesbianic in my footwear choices. Comfort is essential. Oh I have the CFM shoes in the closet... I am a married woman. They are off quickly before anyone gets hurt!

Someone recently bought me these and I await the cooler weather... they are so comfy.

Anonymous said...

Fran those are some cute shoes. I'd wear them in a heartbeat.

Lulu Maude said...

Tevas forever!

Jen-Jenny-Jennifer said...

Karen, you are so friggin funny! You are blogging to my heart! I'm a Mary Jane wearin' fool! When, of course, I'm not sportin' my worn-out-need-replacing Saddle Shoes. But being only 5'3, I gotta throw on some Mary Jane heels now and then and am super excited about my totally whorey black buckle wedgies! Hmmmm. I think I feel a pictoral post coming on. . . :-)