Monday, August 18, 2008

Mazel Tov



I am so happy for these two sweet people who married over the weekend. They are truly beautiful together and their love shows through.
How any right-wing, Bible thumping hypocrites could view this marriage as wrong defies common sense, not to mention common civility.
First they condemned us because we were promiscuous.
Then they didn't want us to be legally married.

I have a little Bible thumping of my own to do today.

This little snippet comes from the Gospel according to Saint Matthew:
"Judge not, that ye not be judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."
True, in criticising the narrow minded hatemongers who presume to speak for God, I too am being judgmental. So?
It's not wrong to judge those who seek to eliminate anyone's right to love whom they choose and enter into a sacred, legally recognized bond with that person.

If you don't like gay marriage, don't marry a queer.
If you don't like abortion, don't get one.
If you hate other people just because they are different than you, don't expect to be loved by them.
And don't expect praise once you meet your maker.

If God is love and Ellen and Portia love one another, then they are manifesting God's love.
Deal with it.

7 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

Awwww.

Me'n the spouse ran into two women who were planning their CU at a garden we were visiting. They'd been together 15 years and decided that it was time that they Do Something.

We've been together 18 years (not a contest), so we looked at each other after they left. Did we want to Do Something?

Naw.

I'm glad that we're all getting the choice, though.

Fran said...

Yes - a great moment. And as you know I posted on a related topic today myself.

Choose and be free.

Anonymous said...

I am sick to death of people cloaking their fear or their dislike or disapproval of something in religious dogma. I'm not one who believes, but I'd respect people more if their beliefs buoyed them and empowered them to do good. Instead, so much of religious practice is used to draw the line between us and them.

As far as I'm concerned, we're all just going to die and be done with it.'til then - why can't we just leave each other to be who we are?

I second your list.

Jen-Jenny-Jennifer said...

Aaaa-amen! AAaa-men! AA-amen! Amen! Amen!

dguzman said...

I used to fantasize about what it would be like to actually be Tom Brady -- money, looks, fame, chics, and a perfect QB body. Now I fantasize what it would be like to be Ellen -- wow. These are two lucky women to have found one another, and now they've gotten to get married--good for them!

Randal Graves said...

Great. Now I have to go and get divorced and do my part for the downfall of America. Sorry wife, don't blame me, it's those damn homersexuals.

Anonymous said...

Well Said Karen!!!!!