Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Drill, Baby, Drill"



Just as I expected, a rah-rah speech filled with clever put downs and one liners, but zero content on the issues.
For a mayor of a town roughly the size of my cats' litter box and the 18-month Governor of a state with a population smaller than metropolitan San Antonio, she had a lot of nerve talking like Obama was someone who lacked her executive experience.
Hell, he passed her up back during his Harvard Law Review days, but I doubt she even knows what that is.
She tried to make her ability to breed, attend PTA meetings and soccer games into assets that would lend themselves to being president of the United States.
Is that bitch kidding?
And talk about wanting to spare her children? Please.
I almost cried when I saw that little newborn being kept up late in that crowd of screaming people. I'm surprised they didn't pass him up and down the aisles and let everyone get to hold him. How thoughtless. What pandering.
And God forbid anyone says what a clown she is.
No, that would be sexist.
Yet it was okay that every old GOP fart in the convention hall was wearing a button that said, "Coolest state, hottest vice president!"
Sarah Palin was the perfect choice for McCain to make. Shrill, smart assed, vapid, pandering, dishonest and all style and no substance.

And goddamn, if I have to hear about McCain and his fucking POW story one more time, I'll throw up. We get it. He was a POW 40 years ago.

The GOP is in trouble. They have nothing to offer.
In fact they've been so totally horrible at leading this nation for the last 8 years, the sitting GOP president stayed away and appeared via satellite, lest he face an uneasy crowd and lukewarm applause. And Dick Cheney not only didn't speak or show up, his filthy, criminal name hasn't even been mentioned.
Yeah, someone got drilled tonight. The American people.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, KZ. I needed that! :)

Karen Zipdrive said...

Jesus, it's hard to keep up with potential Palin scandals. Dig this:

"John McCain's presidential campaign is threatening a lawsuit against the National Enquirer over a print edition story the tabloid ran today alleging that Gov. Sarah Palin has had an extramarital affair with her husband's business partner."

Smoke, meet fire.

Anonymous said...

You took the words right out of my head.

Matthew Hubbard said...

I watched. The baby was passed around. I think Cindy even held him for a while.

Sarah Palin reminds me of Jean Schmidt, Michelle Bachmann and Katherine Harris, three other GOP stalwarts ready to break the glass ceiling.

Lulu Maude said...

Ick. I couldn't even listen to her on the radio. let alone pundits afterward.

My sole experience is coming from watching the Daily Show online. Aside from the spitwad throwing, the show's stated mission, it does a great job of supplying clips which establish actual, institutional memory. Karl Rove on inexperience, etc.

You have a much stronger stomach than I do.

Robert Rouse said...

After Rita Giuliani and Caribou Barbie were finished, so were the contents of my stomach.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Caribou Barbie?
Okay I am stealing that for sure.

Anonymous said...

And I'm stealing from franiam: a noun, a verb and bullshit. LOVE IT!

Distributorcap said...

who is sarah palin?

Anonymous said...

No solutions. No ideas. Nothing new. And they were so arrogant that they thought it wouldn't matter. Palin was a sportscaster. The fact that she's good at the podium and in front of the camera should be assumed.

dguzman said...

Your writing is BRILLIANT, man. You had me at "a town roughly the size of my cats' litter box." You RULE!

This Palin idiot is really scary. Many women are looking at her with admiration because she's tough and "a real mom" etc. The woman is an overambitious nobody with absolutely no substance underneath all her sarcastic (ghostwritten) one-liners. She's hideous.

Utah Savage said...

And she scares me.