Friday, August 22, 2003

The Willie Report

I am about a month into my personal training with Willie.
Yesterday, he upped the weight amounts I am lifting, increased the reps and shortened the rest time between machines.
In other words, the man is trying to kill me.
The good news is, he said my calves and forearms were finally where they needed to be.
The bad news is, that leaves my thighs, lower abs, upper abs, pectorals, serratus anterior, external oblique, linea alba, biceps, triceps, glutes, deltoids, trapezium, latisimus dorsi and infraspinitus to work on.
That translates as: everything from below my neck down to my knees still needs work, except for my forearms.
I can't really use a scale to gauge my progress. Muscle weighs more than fat, so the only way I can accurately track progress is by the way my clothes fit.
I went out and bought some new workout clothes, including one of those cute little T-shirts that says XL on the label but it's actually XS. I look like 40 pounds of sausage stuffed into a 20 pound casing when I wear it.
I also bought one of those damned reinforced camisoles, which I discovered is easier to put on if I step into it like it's a pair of shorts and just pull it up from there.
I have learned Willie is like a crow. If I wear clothing that is too bright or too tight, he spots it and works me a lot harder.
Tomorrow I am wearing a black burqa and opaque harem pants. But I am letting my calves and forearms show.

No comments: