Monday, March 22, 2004

A Plain, Non Political, Slice o' Life Blog

Eclair and I went to see "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" over the weekend.
While I didn't want to maim Jim Carrey for using his trademark 1,000 silly facial expressions this time, the movie still wasn't quite my cuppa tea.
Costar Kate Winslet did very well disguising her British accent, but her character was a zany, bipolarish lunatic, and women like that make me tired because I had affairs with too many of them in the past. Sanity is far easier on the psyche, believe me.
As I get older, I lose patience with movies that go in and out of the present with slick, breakneck scene changes and jarring visuals.
I accidentally got up to get coffee early into this movie and must have missed something pivotal. I came back and pestered Eclair by asking her, "Huh?" far too many times.
She loved the movie, but then she's a Gemini. She understands all that herky jerky stuff.

On Sunday night I cooked a normal, American dinner for Eclair. I made herbed chicken, real mashed potatoes, asparagus and a salad. We had dessert in bed, two tiny little Healthy Choice eclairs.
I spilled a little pastry shmutz on my linens and mentioned Blogging about getting an eclair stain on my sheets. She thought that sounded positively lurid.
A couple of lesbians, taking in a mainstream movie matinee on Saturday, then eating low carb eclairs in bed on Sunday evening.
This is why the outraged, moral right-wing feels threatened?
Please.
She didn't even stay late enough to watch, "The L Word."

No comments: