Sunday, July 13, 2003

Cedric the Entertainer

I couldn't quite hack the afternoon baby shower. Somehow a gaggle of gals chirping over a baby-to-be wasn't quite the tonic I needed after a night of debauchery.
One look at me when I arrived made Anna agree, my time was probably best spent back in bed where I wouldn't frighten anyone with my disheveled clothes, pale skin and bedhead. I think I looked a little like Nick Nolte in his DUI mugshot.
I came home and slept about three solid hours and it was good.
Tonight will be better.
Freshly showered and blow dried, I'll be going to see Cedric the Entertainer at the Majestic Theater tonight. He's one of the original kings of comedy and he's just plain hilarious.
The emotional hair shirt I thought I'd removed last week keeps crawling back on. I think Cedric will help peel it off again.

No comments: