Friday, October 07, 2005

God Told Me to Write This Blog


Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003:

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Hey, Bush- God told me to tell you to step down, get into alcohol and drug treatment and confess your lies to Bill Mahar on his show Real Time.
No really, He did.

9 comments:

Kate said...

I was kind of hoping God would tell Bush to go on another vacation, instead of starting another war.

Unknown said...

I was hoping God would tell him to take a long walk on a short pier..

JimBob said...

You know, when God gave the Blues Brothers a mission, there was a lot of violence, there were a lot of things destroyed needlessly, and then they ended up in jail....hmmm, maybe there will be parallels here.

As a second thought, maybe I could send an email to the chimp telling him to quit fucking up, and sign it "God". You think it will work?

in.dog.neato said...

I personally would like to see God take Chimp down a peg or two for using his name to justify the fucked up situation he's put us in.

Does God still smite people like he did in the Old Testament?

Karen Zipdrive said...

Yeah, I think God still likes to lob an occasional smite.

Unknown said...

well if god likes to smite the bastages of the world..whats SHE waiting for? Bush has been overdue for a smiting for years now..

in.dog.neato said...

well, if you listen to the Talking Heads (Dobson, Roberts, Graham, etc...), they'll tell you GAWD smites people all the time. New Orleans? Well, New Orleans was smote because of Gays, Ellen Degenres, abortion, liberalism, women voting, rampant masturbation, desperate housewives...you pretty much name it.

Karen Zipdrive said...

If that were the case, Bourbon Street would have been destroyed.
Nope. It's open for bidness even as I type.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Most of my 'true' Christian friends are cringing about BushCo adopting Jesus Christ as their mascot.
I may not be a Biblical scholar, but I have read the Ten Commandments and Bush is violating at least a few of them, like 'thou shalt not kill,' for instance.