Tuesday, November 19, 2002

I Need Some Contributions

No, not the paypal kind where you chip in for my blog efforts. If I started getting paid for blogging, I'd feel like it was a job and I'd have to be more careful with what I wrote.
I need contributions for Aviva's brilliant new project, a soundtrack CD for her office.
She needs songs about the drudgery of working for a maniac.
My first suggestion was "Car Wash" by Rose Royce.
She added, "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor.
Johnny Paycheck's "Take this Job and Shove it" was deemed too blatant to make the cut. You know how subtle those damn Canadians can be.
I suggested "Working for the Man" by Roy Orbison.
She threw in "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd.
I suggested "These Boots Were Made for Walking" by Nancy Sinatra and "You Don't Own Me" by Leslie Gore, but I think Aviva's polite silence ruled them out.
Oooh, I just thought of another. "The Thrill is Gone" by B.B. King. That would work.
So what have you got?

No comments: