Thursday, September 05, 2002

Movie Mania

I am on a video renting binge.
There are about 400 movies I just never got around to watching.
So far I have seen, "Playing by Heart," "Swingers," "The Cook the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover," "Dogma," and I have a bag of new ones I am about to watch.
"Playing by Heart" was good. "Swingers" was pretty good. "The Cook..." was absolutely without any cinematographic merit whatsoever. "Dogma" was good, but with such a great ensemble cast I was expecting a tad more.
Alan Rickman, who played Professor Snape in the Harry Potter movie, was in "Dogma" and I must admit, he's got some sort of weird magnetism that gives me a case of wigged-out sexual jitters. Jeremy Irons does, too.
Must be some past life thing, where I was a heterosexual and craggy British villains were my favorite flavor.
*shuddering*
Anyway, next up is "Chasing Amy."
Yeah, I know, girl meets girl, girl loses girl to guy. That's what I've heard...
That's okay, back in the 70's those kind of movies were like, "girl meets girl, girl feels like she's been possessed by Satan, girl meets guy who kills other girl, then fucks girl and cures her."
*more shuddering*
I am taking suggestions on MUST SEE movies, so let me know.

No comments: