Friday, October 04, 2002

Serenity NOW!

Remember that Seinfeld episode where George's dad kept screaming "Serenity NOW"?
I know how he felt.
I have much to be happy and grateful for, and still I let mosquitoes and grifters and shitty blogs and hot weather and nicotine cravings and manipulators and TV ads and telemarketers and bad drivers and silly, inconsequential thoughts, things and people get to me.
I've been spitting out articles to try and make my pushed-up deadline, trying to figure out what to pack that's warm in this unseasonably hot weather, paying bills, shopping, seeing my Mom in the old folk's home, trying not to hate that I got played, trying to ignore the grifter who played me, trying to hide my luggage from the suspicious cats, trying not to explode...
...but I am letting go.
I haven't got time for the pain, like Carly Simon said.
Fall marks things falling away, making room for dormancy, then regeneration.
Like an autumn leaf, I've been holding on to the tree for far too long.
I think it's time to delete, expunge, exfoliate, trash, recycle, rearrange, thin out and move ahead...
And whip it. Whip it good!

No comments: