Thursday, April 24, 2003

Blog Salad™

• I am so excited about going away for a long weekend I was up at 5 this morning like an old hen. My cats didn't even bother to get up with me. Their rule is, if it's not yet daylight there's no reason to awaken. I mean, it's not like they have cans of wet food to look forward to.
• I deleted my latest war in Iraq Blog. The less we discuss it, the faster we'll forget it and the briefer Dubya's victory lap will be. By November 2004 all he'll have to campaign with is a nonexistent domestic policy, an abysmal budget and record smashing deficits.
• Several weeks ago I met a nice man running for City Council. I liked his views and volunteered to word his website copy and help him write some position papers. He's one of four candidates running in this district.
A few days ago I got a list of endorsements from the Stonewall Democrats, a local gay coalition. They endorsed all three of his opponents, but not him. That means he didn't bother to reply to their questionnaire. Oy vey. You can lead a horse to water...
• How did Toronto get mixed up in this SARS thing? I guess by now some Canadian entrepreneur has already silk screened little red maple leaves on all the face masks, ey?
• You gotta love Donald Rumsfeld's reaction to priceless antiquities being looted from Iraqi museums. "My goodness, were there that many vases?" asked Rumsfeld of the looting of 7,000 years worth of archaeological treasure. "Is it possible there were that many vases in the whole country?" he asked sarcastically.
The term "my goodness" in itself indicates this guy's head is stuck back in 1960.
• I also love Rumsfeld's choice for his new Iraqi puppet, Ahmad Chalabi. He's a convicted embezzler, sentenced in absentia to 22 years prison in Jordan. That oughtta wow the rest of the Arab world.
• If Senator Rick Santorum is so much against sodomy, why did he screw himself with his homophobic statements?
• When Bush went to Northern Ireland, his briefing books were labeled "Belfast, Ireland."
Oh well, Ireland, Northern Ireland, what's the diff? I also loved how he assured Tony Blair that the UN would have a major role in rebuilding Iraq, then two days later he said they wouldn't. Hey Tony, thanks for the loyalty...sucker!
• Beach weather for the weekend: highs in the low 80's, lows in the mid 60's. Perfecto.
I am outta here. See y'all Sunday evening.

No comments: