Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Oh, Shit.

"Two Women Shot in Terrell Hill, 1 Dies
A shooting in Terrell Hill has resulted in a death. The shooting happened at a home in the northeast side community a little before 8:00 p.m. Monday. Police say one woman suffered head trauma and was taken to Northeast Baptist Hospital. The other woman was shot in the abdomen and taken to Wilford Hall Medical Center by AirLife, but died shortly after arrival. One of the victims called 911 to report the incident. Investigators report that two women in their 50s lived in the home on Seaford Drive. Police are still investigating the incident. "

The two women were friends of mine. They'd been a couple for at least five years.
The one who died, Becky, was a great artist. She was a master glassworker whose work was absolutely gorgeous.
Here's some of her artwork.
She was a very feisty woman, but her sense of humor and talent made up for her temperament.
Last time I saw Becky was at the grocery store. We had a very upbeat, catch-up conversation and she mentioned she was attending "anger management" courses.
I remember I said, "Damn, Becky, I knew you were a bitch but now you're taking classes to get better at it?" She laughed and so did I. We agreed to get together soon so I could see her most recent work.
The other one, Kristie, was a very nice woman whom I believe held a Ph.D. in political science. She was on the staff of Governor Ann Richards when she was in office and became a professor after George Bush was elected governor.
I remember flirting with her once at a New Year's Eve party. I remember thinking she'd be fun to date if she wasn't partnered up already.
So. Kristie has apparently shot Becky dead. Kristie was said to have a black eye and perhaps a gunshot wound when the cops got there.
Rumors are flying. Self defense has been mentioned.
All I know is, I like both of them and this is one more case of two good people, one bad fight and another senseless death caused when another fucking gun was used in anger.

No comments: