Take this quiz and test your geo-political savvy. Answers to follow soon.
1) Which is the only country to have dropped bombs on more than 20 countries
2) Which is the only country to have used nuclear weapons?
3) Which country was responsible for a car bomb which killed 80 civilians in
Beirut in 1985, in a botched assassination attempt, thereby making it the
most lethal terrorist bombing in modern Middle East history?
4) Which country's illegal bombing of Libya in 1986 was described by the
United Nations Legal Committee as a "classic case" of terrorism?
5) Which country rejected the order of the International Court of Justice to
terminate its "unlawful use of force" against Nicaragua in 1986 and then
vetoed a United Nations Security Council resolution calling on all states to
observe international law?
6) Which country was accused by a United Nations-sponsored truth commission
of providing "direct and indirect support" for "acts of genocide"
against Mayan Indians in Guatemala during the 1980's?
7) Which country unilaterally withdrew from the Anti-Ballistic Missile
Treaty in December 2001?
8) Which country renounced efforts to negotiate a verification process for
the Biological Weapons Convention and brought an international conference on
the matter to a halt in 2001?
9) Which country prevented the United Nations from curbing the gun trade at
a small arms conference in July 2001?
10) Aside from Somalia, which is the only other country in the world to have
refused to ratify the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child?
11) Which is the only Western country which allows the death penalty to be
applied to children?
12) Which is the only G7 country to have refused to sign the 1997 Mine Ban
Treaty, forbidding the use of landmines?
13) Which was the only G7 country to vote against the creation of the
International Criminal Court in 1998?
14) Which was the only other country to join Israel in opposing a 1987
General Assembly resolution condemning international terrorism?
15) Which country refuses to fully pay its debts to the UN, yet reserves its
right to veto United Nations resolutions?