Thursday, August 05, 2004

Growing Up Gotti

Has anyone seen A&E's new series, "Growing Up Gotti"?
I watched a few episodes the other night, and I have to say I hope the rest of the world doesn't have access to this show.
To say Victoria Gotti is white trash with money is too simplistic.
She's white trash with laundered money, and three teenage sons who haven't yet been convicted of racketeering or other Mafia flavored felonies.
If you'd like a glimpse into a world where money does not buy taste and adolescent boys could use a big dose of tough love, this is the show to watch.
Picture a Long Island mansion with what could be a gorgeous swimming pool. Now zoom in on the pool, emptied except for a few feet of slimy, dark sludge, with a lawn chair thrown in for good measure. You have entered the world of Chez Gotti.
Also on A&E is a great new series called, "Family Plots," a reality series that revolves around a family run mortuary in San Diego. I have no idea why I like this show, but I do. I guess it's because the characters are all vaguely likable and sunny in a business you wouldn't think would attract that sort of thing.
With "Survivor" and "The L Word" on hiatus, I've been dwelling in a television wasteland this summer.
Were it not for HBO's "Six Feet Under," I'd disconnect the cable and read.

No comments: