Monday, March 26, 2007

The Revenge of the Pyracantha!

See the picture below?

Yep, I planted five of them on the nasty neighbor's side of my front yard. Each plant is said to get 12 feet high and 12 feet wide. Right now, they are only about 5 feet high and a foot and a half wide, so I planted them about four feet apart, just for good measure.

Soon the neighbor guy will be pricked and scratched if he comes too near. Birds will eat the berries and crap on their cars.

Yes, there will soon be a solid wall of privacy. Scratchy, pointy privacy.
Hooray!

2 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

Pyracantha! Even the name implies long, sharp fangs!


Do be careful. Those berries can convert to weaponry fairly easily.

MJ said...

I could have shipped you my 20' old growth row that I ripped out a few years ago. That shit is downright nasty and painful. Let's break it down:

Prya = Fire
Cantha = Thorn

Here's a tip... when you trim (and yes, unfortunately you will need to trim regularly or it will take over agressively) wear long sleeves. I still have scars on my arms.