Saturday, February 19, 2005

Gulp

My San Antonio debut as a standup comic has been pushed up to March 6.
I went out to a local coffee house last night to sit at the bar, observe the goings-on and write some material for the show.
Chris, an old friend, walked up so I paused to talk with him and his cute, female companion. I ended up doing about 10 minutes of pretty funny shtick, none of which I wrote down.
By then, the straight, black girlfriend I was meeting for coffee showed up, interested in having a deep, serious conversation about racism, relationships and spirituality.
After a glass of port, she shifted gears and went on to gleefully describe the merits of dating men with giant penises.
I got no material from that conversation, unless one considers the possibilities of commenting on every statement she made about the glory of big dicks with the word, "Eeuuwww."
I have 15 days to go.
Eeuuwww.

No comments: