Friday, June 30, 2006

Risking It

After a double dose of horrid movie picks (A Prairie Home Companion and some movie about a kid's Bar Mitzvah called 'Keeping Up With the Steins' or some shit) I am risking a third disaster that I hope will turn out okay.
Saturday night, I'm going to go see "The Devil Wears Prada."
The idea that Meryl Streep stars as the movie version of Vogue's bitch-in-chief Anna Wintour is tempting, but then again she played the hayseed singer trying to woo Garrison Keillor in the aforementioned piece o' crap, so there's no telling.
Anne Hathaway plays her assistant. Her, I love. She played the wife of Jack in Brokeback Mountain, and she has that pouty lipped sassiness that has gotten me into lots of trouble in my spotty history of real life woman chasing.
So, wish me luck. I'll report back soon.

P.S. Bush and that Japanese lame duck at Graceland. What a couple of dorks. Elvis would have loved Bush- two dope addicts disguised as law abiding citizens. Yeecch.

4 comments:

Karen Zipdrive said...

Maureen Dowd said that Bush endulging the Japanese PM in his Elvis fetish was a rare case of effective diplomacy on Bush's part.
Too bad the Japanese PM is on his way out.
Too little, too late, George.

Lulu Maude said...

That was a good column, wasn't it, KZ?

Imagine Elvis volunteering to help out with the war on terror! He died too soon.

Karen Zipdrive said...

It was good.
By the way, Devil Wears Prada was sensational! I loved Meryl Streep's performance, but Anne Hathaway was heavenly.
LOVED IT!!!

Unknown said...

I do want to see The devil wears prada..thanks for the review..it was short..but good :p

The PM singing..christ it freaked me the hell out..I thought..he is alot like the Shrub..a moron.