Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I Shoulda Bought a Fifth on the Third

Here's a 4th of July treat for you.
Remember Osama bin Laden, the guy who masterminded the 9/11 catastrophes?
Well, the CIA unit charged with tracking him has been disbanded.
The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded and its analysts reassigned within the C.I.A. Counterterrorist Center, officials said.

The decision is a milestone for the agency, which formed the unit before Osama bin Laden became a household name and bolstered its ranks after the Sept. 11 attacks, when Bush pledged to bring Mr. bin Laden to justice "dead or alive."

Draw your own conclusions, folks. You don't need me to tell you a thing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fuck me running. When I saw this I just about shat myself..

How can this be ok? What's wrong with this picuture?

Karen Zipdrive said...

Maybe there's a statute of limitations on flying hijacked airliners into buildings.

Unknown said...

Maybe its just OJ Simpson-esque?

in.dog.neato said...

>>Bush pledged to bring Mr. bin Laden to justice "dead or alive."<<

fortunately for Chimp, 90% of the nation has a REALLY short memory.

Wonder if anyone's managed to compile a list of Bush's fuckups since he took office. I'd be interested in reading that laundry list.