Tuesday, March 05, 2002

Grab Bag

I have nothing to pontificate about at length, so today's blog will be odds and ends I have been meaning to wedge in.

• My life is complete again now that "Six Feet Under" and "Survivor" are back on TV. I just love these shows and won't even answer the phone when they are on.
• When I was in Yokohama, Japan in Chinatown, they sell fabulous foods out of a little row of stands. Trouble is, in Japan it's considered uncouth to eat outdoors, standing up.
So we got plenty of snotty, sidelong glances from passers by.
• Monica Lewinsky was in a two-hour special Sunday night on HBO. She sat alone on a stage and fielded questions. She's very pretty, articulate and credible. I feel sorry for her, and had I been a 21-year-old intern at the time and had Hillary hit on me, I would have gone for it.
• Yesterday, I won $20 on a scratch-off lotto ticket.
• James my kitten is going through adolescence now, and he doesn't want to be petted and held as much as he did when he was a toddler. He's about the size of an adult female puma now and he still thinks sitting on my shoulders while I am at the computer is humorous.
• My sister and her lover and I are taking my other sister (a straight-laced, 4.0 student who was just graduated from Chinese Medical School) to Las Vegas at the end of the month to celebrate her achievements. She's never been to Vegas and I am in charge of blowing the starch out of her J. Peterman linen shirts.
• After three days of eating salmon, a friend of mine invited me out to eat tonight because she has a gift certificate to...Red Lobster. Ugh, I hope I don't get mercury poisoning from too much seafood.
• Does anyone actually like the Olive Garden?
• My backyard is covered in kudzu, a fast growing, short-rooted weed that should be in Mississippi, where it belongs. I am going to have my yardman get rid of it, I can't stand the thought of having it stick to my pants and take root.
• I am still laughing at Anne Heche naming her baby Homer Heche Laffoon.
• I finally made an appointment with my GYN oncologist for my six-month checkup. Actually, I am five months late in making the appointment, but I am chicken, so sue me.
April will mark a year of being cancer-free. So fuck you, cancer.
• Did you know panty liners were designed for a size 6? Not size 6 panties, I mean size 6 pants. Absurd! The other day I saw black panty liners in the store. How strange was that?
• A friend of mine just lost her second job in three months. These are not petty jobs, these are jobs that pay in the mid 60's. I think she's addicted to drugs and it's fucking up her performance, but I am not going to stick my head in that lion's mouth.

I guess that's it for now. Comments are welcome, as always.

No comments: