Thursday, August 21, 2003

I Love You

When I was little, my parents and siblings and I were all very affectionate with one another but nobody ever said, "I love you."
I didn't really have that phrase directed toward me until I started sleeping with my first girlfriend as a young teen.
As a result, I am geared only to say that to lovers, but I can see I need to catch up with the rest of the 'I love you' set.
At least twice a day, I hear someone tell me they love me. I like it!
My girlfriend loves me and tells me so about four times a day. My friends Anna, Melly, Charlie, Robert and my sister I don't get along with tell me they love me all the time. Even my Mom is doing that now.
I often reply with glib things like 'ditto' or 'right back atcha' because it's just hard for me to say those words, unless it's to my girlfriend. I tell her that all the damn time.
But I thought about it, and I actually do love a lot of people. So, I am going to try to catch up and just say it back. Or hell, maybe I'll start saying it first.

No comments: