Sunday, August 17, 2003

Red Apple Day

My girlfriend's a teacher and school starts Monday morning.
When I was little, I used to think teachers couldn't wait to get back from summer vacation because they loved to get their mitts on us and force us to learn new things.
I have since found out they like their summer vacations too and dread returning to their classrooms as much as we did when we were little.
They also have first names, they wear shorts and T-shirts, and they swear a lot when there are no kids around.
I have to admit, my first lesbian twitchings were over my kindergarten teacher, Miss Saunders, and my first grade teacher, Miss Thompson.
Miss Thompson had the edge, because Miss Saunders, while pretty, had halitosis which I found unsettling even as a 5-year-old.
Miss Thompson was a total babe, she was into art and had amazing legs.
Alas, mid semester she married some MAN and it blew our chances for a happy life together. I got over it pretty well, I guess, but I am still a little resentful.
And now, 44 years later, I'm still hot for teacher.
Luckily, teacher's hot for me this time. And she's got much better legs than Miss Thompson.

No comments: