Monday, January 05, 2004

Blogs n' Ends

-Who among us doesn't think Britney Spears got so fucked up in Vegas she hauled off and married that childhood friend of hers?
-According to Fortune Magazine, Smucker's, Starbucks, The Container Store and The Scooter Store are among the Top 100 places to work in America. America's most admired companies include Walmart, Southwest Airlines, Dell Computer and Starbucks (again).
-That crook who shot Kinks' legend Ray Davies in New Orleans needs to be tried in Texas and dealt with accordingly. That bastard just shouldn't have be shooting at a retired Kink.
-I've been off beef since the Canucks sent us Mad Cow disease. I've tried to pretend I forgot, but even the idea of eating a slim beef taco makes my stomach start to lurch.
-On Tuesday, I start back in with my personal trainer, Willie, every other day until one of us dies. I tried to do it on my own and I didn't gain any weight, but my muscle tone doesn't make me want to walk around naked anymore. I do, however, have a brand new Pilates ball taking up a lot of space in my living room.
-The Army is forcing 7,000 soldiers stationed in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait to keep from opting out of military duty, once they fulfill their contractual
obligations or reach their retirement dates, by means of a Stop Loss Order. Even if they want to quit, too bad. I bet they didn't know about that loophole
when they enlisted.
-Pete Rose finally admitted he bet on baseball games four or five times a week when he was in the business. He admitted it in his autobiography, in hopes
that his 14 years of lying about it won't keep him from the Hall of Fame. He said he would have sought help, "but there were no fancy rehab centers for gamblers like baseball had for drug addicts." I guess Gamblers Anonymous wasn't fancy enough for that clown.
-Consumer debt in the U.S. has more than doubled in the last 10 years. I think it's because Caller ID has made it so much easier to dodge bill collectors.
-Sunday in San Antonio we were able to wear shorts and T-shirts outside. On Monday, I had to wear silks under my clothes to keep from freezing my ass off. I am confused.

No comments: