Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's Election Stealing Season



Even in Texas we can smell the acrid bitterness and mildewed flop sweat coming from the McCain campaign.
My official Zipdrive Elevator Poll, where I ask everyone who's riding the elevator with me in my office building (with 1,000+ inhabitants)who they're voting for, it's about 50/50. That's astounding for one of the reddest states in America.
Even some of the archetypal Texas good ole' boys I've been asking have said they were leaning toward Obama. They shake their heads, look down at their boots, grumble and say, "I never thought I'd say that."
With things looking like a landslide is upon us, it's time for the GOP to start looking at their time honored tradition--ballot tampering. Machine rigging. Voter nullification. Whatever works.
That smell of acrid bitterness and mildewed sweat is starting to be mixed with the fragrance of roasting acorns.
Yeah, ACORN hired a few part-time slackers who tried to get out of doing their job of actually registering voters by filling out phony voter registration cards.
Horrors!
Yeah, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, aka ACORN, is unlike any other. They hired a couple of seasonal workers who turned out to be lazy and dishonest.
Now the American public runs the risk of fictitious people like Mickey Mouse, Hugh G. Rection, Anita Hahnjob, Weldon Rumproast, Chris P. Bacon, Dick Fitzer, Kitty Lidder, Frank N. Beans and others showing up at the polls to cast their vote.
Let me lay it all out for you, in case my sarcasm didn't register.
Fictitious voters will not show up to vote because they do not exist. Thus, ACORN may have been guilty of hiring some duds, but those duds' actions will not affect the outcome of this election even in the slightest.

What WILL affect the outcome is Republicans like the crook who runs Diebold pulling another stunt like they did in Ohio in 2004. No paper trail, easily hacked machines and a blatantly Republican agenda virtually handed Bush a victory in 2004.

So, what those of us who favor a fair and legal voting process have to do is ensure the landslide margin of victory is even bigger than the one polls are indicating today.
How?
-Talk Obama up to anyone who'll listen, wherever you are.
In Texas, I just tell people I'm worried about the economy, then mention that McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time.
-Send Obama, the Democratic party or MoveOn.org some money. Imagine if everyone who blogs or reads blogs all sent $5. Every little bit helps.
-Put an Obama sticker on your car, a sign in your yard or both.
-Volunteer at a polling place.
-Write a letter to the editor and complain about ballot tampering.
-Pray. If you don't pray, visualize, send positive vibes or whatever you do to draw good things to yourself and others.

We're in a mess and this is no time to let the election be stolen from the American people.
What other ways can we act to ensure a fair election?
Tell me.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot Haywood J. Blowme. They registered him, too. As for Obama sticker, my is on the bumper of my Jeep. Yeah, I know I drive an SUV. I'm not perfect. It's paid up and I drive it very little.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Pat McCrotch is also an evergreen favorite. I love how the Republican Talking Point is that this is the end of people's trust in the electoral process.

In 1994, a guy named Michael Huffington ran for Senate in California against Dianne Feinstein. This was a year when having an (R) next to your name on the ballot was akin to finding a gold ticket in your Wonka Bar. Huffington lost and his concession speech, if you want to call it that, was about widespread voter fraud.

My dad the Republican thought Huffington was kind of an empty suit, so when we had dinner together after the election, I started with the toast "Here's to widespread voter fraud!" and we clinked glasses.

This is before Huffington's wife turned out to be a liberal and he turned out to be gay. Who knew?

Unknown said...

The most important part of this story is what the fucking MSM is leaving out:

ACORN notified all the county registrars of the phony registrations, which laws state must still be turned in. They weren't trying to hide SHIT!

I got the link to that writeup if you want it KZ.

Katie Schwartz said...

Please, they're desperate schmucktards that will do anything to steal elections. They stole the past two, this one, they know they can't steal. On some level, regardless of how hard they try, they know they can't steal it. America won't have it. Shame on us for allowing it previously.

Unknown said...

What happened to Amanda Hugginkiss, Darryl Licht, Phillip A. Car and Hugh Jass?

Kidding, I know you can't list EVERYONE.

ANother thing to do is visit Mark Crispin Miller's blog and BradBlog and Greg Palast frequently because they report shenanigans. Today they said in Virginia (I think, only read title of post so far), 3 people complained their screens flipped their vote!!

There is NO WAY Obama is losing this election without massive fraud by the GOP, take a look at that rally today of 100K strong.

Thanks for all you do in TX, Karen Zipdrive. I have it fairly easy here in LA.

Also phone-banking for MoveOn is something anyone with a cell phone can do! I did it and to my amazement, it wasn't nearly as gruesome as I expected!

Unknown said...

OH and I ponied up some bucks too.

Anonymous said...

The other day CNN did an extensive story on ACORN. At the end of it, the anchor asked the reporter about the allegations of voter suppression. The reporter mentioned that he'd heard "internet rumors," but he didn't know of any credible evidence of suppression happening.

I screamed alone in my car at the uniformed asshole.

Lulu Maude said...

I've been worried about this, too. However, I heard from a friend of a friend in the Obama campaign that they are poised to deal with election fraud. They have people positioned all over the place.

This news gave me some comfort. Kerry just rolled over and died. Didn't even check out Ohio.

I do think that Obama has done a much better job of running his campaign than our previous two candidates. Says something about executive ability, I think.

Matthew Hubbard said...

It has to be close enough to steal, and the last two were. If the numbers mean anything, this one isn't close enough right now, the trends are going in the wrong directions and time is running out.

As anyone who has been to my blog knows, DON'T CELEBRATE EARLY. But also, don't lose sleep.

Climate change and the financial meltdown, those are things to worry about. This election as of right now, not so much.

Anonymous said...

No let's NOT start celebrating too soon.
Fool me once, shame on...well, you can't get fooled too many times.

Unknown said...

KarenZD, I got mad in the movie when they put that quote in an inappropriate context, because it's so well known. Bad move by Stone. He did that a lot.

I ended up liking the movie probably the same as you. BUt really at the end I was kinda like, "feh."

The best thing about it is Brolin's amazing performance.

Anonymous said...

meanwhile....
l a times:

SACRAMENTO -- The owner of a firm that the California Republican Party hired to register tens of thousands of voters this year was arrested in Ontario late last night on suspicion of voter registration fraud.

State and local investigators allege that Mark Jacoby fraudulently registered himself to vote at a childhood California address where he no longer lives so he would appear to meet the legal requirement that signature gatherers be eligible to vote in California.

Jacoby's arrest by state investigators and the Ontario Police Department comes after dozens of voters said they were duped into registering as Republicans by his firm, Young Political Majors, or YPM. The voters said YPM tricked them by saying they were signing a petition to toughen penalties against child molesters. The firm was paid $7 to $12 for every Californian it registered as a member of the GOP.

lololololol!!! i almost feel sorry for the rethugs. almost...but not quite!

Unknown said...

Nonnie...that is pure gold woman!!!!!

I will be filching that puppy and blogging on it later...after game seven of the ALCS is over and my cat with the lampshade on his head settles down after a long afternoon at the vets.

Anonymous said...

filch away, dusty!

Unknown said...

nonnie nails it!

Wow that's good stuff nonnie, thanks for alerting us all.