Monday, August 26, 2002

Almost Done...

I am done painting, don't have any work to do until an easy meeting on Wednesday, then I begin Labor Day week. I thought about going on a road trip, but then I remembered all the worker bees who'll be thinking the same thing, and nixed that idea.
Planning anything outdoors is out of the question- West Nile mosquitoes have already killed one person in Houston, and I have no plans to be the first San Antonio victim.
I was watching trash TV tonight, Fear Factor and Dog Eat Dog, now Queer As Folk.
Pure crap, but sometimes the mind must be clouded with sensory crap as a diversion from the real crap in one's life.
While painting my sister's wall, I was at the mercy of her music collection and slipped in a compilation CD her ex had made for her when they were courting.
The cringe factor went pretty high when "Mac Arthur Park" came on. Richard Harris, poor dear, in his reedy voice singing those quasi-psychedelic lyrics, "I don't know if I can take it, 'cause it took so long to bake it, and I'll never have that recipe again...oh nooooo, oh nooooooo!"
Holy Christ, what was he thinking?
It did, however, make me want to watch Harry Potter again on video, so that's on my schedule soon. Richard Harris makes a much better Albus Dumbledor than a 70's rock star.
And, like Barcodie, I have nothing much left to say tonight.

No comments: