Friday, August 02, 2002

With a Name Like Smucker's...

Smucker's has a new product, frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with the crusts cut off and the edges sealed.
You throw one in the kid's lunchbox and by noon it's thawed.
I am not a parent, but this sounds like a really crappy idea to me.
If a parent's schedule doesn't allow enough time to make their kid a fucking PB & J sandwich, some priorities need to be switched around.

This weekend is "no state tax" weekend for people shopping for back to school clothes and shoes. It's virtually the only good idea to come from the Bush the Governor era.
Stores will be glutted with parents and unruly children all weekend. I'd rather pay double state tax than mingle in all that whining and kid-noise. But it is a good deal for the breeders.

I think they should have state-tax-free queer weekend. No kids allowed- just queers.
I'd hang out at Home Depot, Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware all day. Yum.




No comments: