Monday, August 05, 2002

Little Old Lady Blues

My Mom will be 90 in January, and it's gotten to the point where she needs an assisted living situation.
My older sister who lives next door to Mom was going crazy with her little routines, like Mom calling her at 3 a.m. to see what she was doing, etc.
So we found her a lovely retirement community on the campus of a beautiful Catholic university here in San Antonio.
As she ages, Mom is suddenly Catholic again, so she's delighted at the prospect of having daily mass in a chapel about 30 feet from her apartment, and little old retired Irish nuns all over the place.
The only problem is my brother. He's 10 years older than me, but he's a big mama's baby and he's having separation anxiety, so he's dragging his heels.
It's amazing that at our age, my siblings and I can still be so cranky and hard headed when it comes to group decisions.
Anyway, Wednesday we are allegedly all getting together to tour the facility.
If my brother balks, I have decided to just tackle him to the ground and pummel him.
Hell, he's 59, I think I can take him.

No comments: