Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Freezing in the Alamo City

There are icicles hanging off my license plates and the rim of my trunk. My lawn is crunchy.
No school today and most of the businesses are closed.
I made it into work, but I was the only one among more than 30 employees. I came home at 9:30, in a sleety mess that froze on my windshield as it hit so I couldn't use the wipers.
I slid in a little patch of black ice on the access road. Luckily, there were no other cars around.
Freeways are shut down.
On TV, a longhorn cow in the Hill Country had icicles hanging off his horns.
I covered my potted plants with a sheet last night and the sheet got wet in the drizzle, then froze stiff.
The TV weather people are calling this a "wintry mix."
I call it a couple of days off!
:)

3 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

A longhorn with icicles.

Quelle Texanne!

bugm3n07 said...

No post on the State of the Union? Someone go check on Karen.

And I thought this was excellent analysis:

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/011807J.shtml

Karen Zipdrive said...

I gave you what you asked for, Roy.
Cheers, and thanks for reading. :)