Monday, July 15, 2002

Holy Toledo!

I thought I'd gather up maybe $100 or so for Doctors Without Borders in my Blogathon efforts, but in only two days I have been blessed with 23 sponsors and $300 in pledges.
I am amazed by the generosity of all of you.
My head is filling with 24 hours' worth of blog ideas, and I intend to give everyone their money's worth on July 27/28.
I want to sincerely thank everyone who has donated, and encourage others to commit just 5 bucks to this worthwhile charity.
Doctors who work their asses off, then spend their vacation time administering medical care to the poorest of the poor and the sickest of the sick in the world's most squalid locations deserve our support, our prayers, our blessings and our dough.
It feels wonderful to know I might be able to use my words to help gather funds for these altruistic doctors and medical people who exemplify global citizenship at its best.
In the process, I've been touched by the generosity of my unseen and unmet friends in Blogland. Thank you all very much.

No comments: