Friday, June 07, 2002

Ennui

I forgot to make plans tonight, and I am thoroughly bored.
I am so bored I'm watching something on Showtime about Reagan getting shot by that poor schnook John Hinkley who thought Jodie Foster a) was straight and b) might give him a tumble if he offed the president.
I like the lady playing Nancy Reagan, she's a real bitch, just like Nancy.
I didn't know Reagan almost died, nor did I know how much everything was screwed up with the chain of command while Reagan was comatose. Al Haig was a real knob acting like he was in charge. Richard Dreyfus is playing Al, and he's also a knob.
I wonder if that bullet jogged Ronnie's Alzheimer's button or something?
My first experience with Ronnie was when he was Governor of California. First thing he did was implement a state income tax.
Texans don't pay state income tax and we don't like living in states that expect us to pay it. And that's my take on Ronnie Reagan.

No comments: